• MFA Acting and Contemporary Performance Making

Abbi Manoucheri

(She/her) I am a candidate for the MFA in Acting and Contemporary Performance Making. I work as a performance artist and podcaster. I am a giant coffee nerd, a wannabe poet, and a music lover at heart!

• MA Entrepreneurship for Creatives

Amaiya

(She/Her) I am pursing my MA in Entrepreneurship for Creatives. I am a fashion stylist for personal wardrobe, costuming, and more while also working as the Retail Operations Associate for Chicago retail tech startup Garmentier. Entrepreneurship and establishing my own company has been a lifelong dream of mine, this program has already helped me make steps towards that and I am excited to share the journey. Outside of work and school I love aerial yoga, creating content, and photography!

• MFA Directing

Bashir Aden

Hi! I’m originally from Milwaukee, WI with an undergraduate degree from UW-Madison. I’m an aspiring filmmaker currently in the Cinema & Television Department’s MFA Directing program.

• MA Civic Media

Christine Nikolich

(She/her) I'm pursing my MA in Civic Media. I'm the Digital Media Producer at a non-profit in Chicago called Mercy Home for Boys & Girls. I love my job and it's the main reason why I'm pursing my masters. In my free time I enjoying podcasting, going to concerts, trying new restaurants and breweries and hanging out at home with my boyfriend and cat.

• Music Composition for the Screen

David Neville

(He/Him) I am currently pursuing my MFA in Columbia's Music Composition for the Screen Program. I am passionate about how music is used to help elicit an emotional response in film, games, and TV. I also love outdoor activities, like frisbee and swimming!

• Photography

Erica McKeehen

(She/Her) I'm originally from Bucyrus, Ohio but have called Chicago home for over a decade. With a BS in Commercial Photography and a MA in Arts Management, I am currently an MFA in Photography candidate at Columbia College Chicago. Besides photographs, I enjoy iced coffee, Siamese cats, and rock and roll music.

• Creative Writing

Gina Twardosz

(She/Her) I am an essayist currently pursuing my MFA in Creative Nonfiction. I have been published in two collegiate publications, the literary magazines Masks and Mulberry Literary, and a zine called The Deadline.

Past Bloggers