Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago Students Perform Original Works at American College Dance Association Conference

The Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago was represented at the American College Dance Association‘s 2017 North-Central Region Conference, held March 8-11 at the University of Minnesota in Duluth. The Dance Center was represented by current students Dwigth Alaba, Keisha Bennett, Camila Rivero, and Andrea Torres (all students in the Dance BFA program) and Duoduo Wang and Brianna Heath (both students in the Dance BA program).

“Paradoxical,” choreographed by Dwigth Alaba.

“I Call Upon My Sphinx To Protect My Riddled Soul, I Unclench My Soul To Unveil My . . . ,” choreographed by Keisha Bennett. (Photo: William Frederking)

Two adjudicated works by student choreographers were selected for performance at the conference’s Gala Concert: I Call Upon My Sphinx To Protect My Riddled Soul, I Unclench My Soul To Unveil My . . . , choreographed by Bennett and danced by Alaba and Heath, and Paradoxical, choreographed by Alaba and danced by Alaba, Bennett, Rivero, and Torres. Columbia College was the only institution to have two student-created works selected for the Gala Concert.

“Coincide,” choreographed by Duoduo Wang. (Photo: Aobo Wang)

In addition, a work choreographed and performed by Duoduo Wang, Coincide, was performed in an informal concert.