Reporting to the Career Development Coordinator, the Career Center Peer Coaches support the mission of the Career Center at Columbia College Chicago by providing basic career development support to students. This position also serves an important function in connecting students to our services and explaining the roles of our staff to parties interested in meeting with us. Additionally, Peer Coaches assist with presentations/events presented by the Career Center staff.
Job Responsibilities and Duties include:
· Provide students feedback on resumes and cover letters in person and via email.
· Assist Career Center staff with set-up of events and presentations: gathering attendance, distributing materials, assessments, and evaluations, and sharing student perspectives during presentations.
· Assist with gathering accurate data for events, class presentations, and student appointments.
· Support special projects, including, but not limited to resource development, social media and blog updates.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills (phone, in-person, and email messaging) required
· Customer service skills required
· The ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and collaborate within a team required
· Experience in resume and business writing strongly preferred
· The ability to produce well developed professional documents (resume, cover letter, web portfolio, print portfolio, etc.)
· Leadership experience from providing services to peers
· Knowledge of creative industry trends and access to guest speakers and recruiters
· Valuable customer service experience
· Presentation skills developed through outreach to classes and student groups
· Organization and time management skills from managing multiple projects
This job posting is intended for Columbia College Chicago students/alumni only. All listings are posted at the discretion of the employer and Columbia College Chicago. With respect to the employer’s privacy and consent, positions are not to be repurposed, reposted, forwarded or misused otherwise.
Applicants: Unless the employer has explicitly indicated, it is not recommended that you call about positions or follow-up.
You’re viewing a curated selection from Columbia College Chicago’s Hot Jobs & Cool Internships list. Columbia College Chicago students/alumni may find more opportunities like this on the Handshake job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Columbia College Chicago students/alumni may subscribe to receive Hot Jobs & Cool Internships every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs