Fall Internships with IFP Chicago
2 positions available
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours/week
No compensation; unpaid internship
Is credit required? No, but we will work with you and your university to receive credit
International Students considered? yes
Desired Start Date: August 15, 2016
Function: Communication, Design, Marketing, Event Planning
Experience: Entry Level
Independent Feature Project (IFP) Chicago is a member-based, non-profit organization dedicated to the idea that independent film is an important art form and a powerful voice in our society. We provide resources and avenues of communication for independent filmmakers, industry professionals, and independent film enthusiasts.
This is a great opportunity to connect with the bustling Chicago film community, as well as learn more about the art and business ends of filmmaking. It is your chance to get involved in the filmmaking community and to increase your knowledge of a variety of topics related to filmmaking. There are also numerous networking events that we host and co-host with other film organizations throughout Chicago to help build the community and bring people together to discuss ideas, exchange tips and simply have fun!
This internship will run between August and December 2016. Internships are unpaid, but students will have the option to register this experience for school credit.
IFP Chicago looking for an energetic and organized person who is willing to commit at least 10
hours a week.
The Intern will report to the Executive Director and Operations Manager and hold a variety of responsibilities, including, but not limited to: digital media organization, processing memberships, grant research, social media strategy and implementation, live tweeting at events, assist communications team with developing web and social media content, facilitate film screenings and other events, support the marketing and administration team, create and maintain media lists, develop media materials, assist research projects, support and implement our strategic vision, and assist with planning and implementation of member meet-ups and other events.
Some of the events you would be helping with include:
– Rough Cuts screenings, where we offer filmmakers the chance to workshop a work-in-progress film and receive critical feedback from IFP Chicago members, and other film professionals.
– Member Screenings: Our Member Screenings series is a service for IFP Chicago members to get their work shown on the big screen to an audience.
– Master Series: The IFP Chicago MASTER SERIES will present the most sought after industry “gurus” of the business aspects of independent filmmaking from development to financing to distribution.
– Screenwriter’s Workshop: we help writers and filmmakers workshop their scripts with a screenwriting professional, and have a casting director cast actors to read their scripts live during the workshop, followed by a live reading in front of an audience.
– 75 Minutes With … is a series of conversations with well-known and emerging directors, screenwriters, producers and technical experts of independent cinema.
This job posting is intended for Columbia College Chicago students/alumni only. All listings are posted at the discretion of the employer and Columbia College Chicago. With respect to the employer’s privacy and consent, positions are not to be repurposed, reposted, forwarded or misused otherwise.
Applicants: Unless the employer has explicitly indicated, it is not recommended that you call about positions or follow-up.
You’re viewing a curated selection from Columbia College Chicago’s Hot Jobs & Internships list. Columbia College Chicago students/alumni may find more opportunities like this on the ColumbiaWorks-powered by Handshake job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Columbia College Chicago students/alumni may subscribe to receive Hot Jobs & Internships every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs