The Swing Lighting Technician operates the console for all productions and events in the Victor Jory Theatre. They are further responsible for all equipment and expendables in that venue and they will recommend repairs and or concerns to the Master Electrician. They should periodically check for safety and cleanliness. As the VJ is not a primary producing space, the technician will have additional responsibilities assigned as they develop. Additionally, they are a member of the electrics crew for all load-in and maintenance activities.
It is the philosophy of the Lighting Department at Actors Theatre of Louisville to work as a tight-knit team. As such, it is the expectation that all staff members be willing and able to work on all projects regardless of size or scope whenever requested. This includes frequent requests to work outside your assigned area within the department to support work in other areas. The ideal candidate will have the initiative to seek out opportunities to support their colleagues in the department while ensuring the completion of their own work duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skill of ETC consoles/networking and current lighting technology.
• Knowledge of wiring and electronics, special effects, and theatrical rigging.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Knowledge of Emphasis Server.
• Ability to solve problems independently.
• Ability to work with grace under pressure of multiple deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, and reposition large objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work at heights of 40 feet.
• Ability to squat, crawl, walk, crouch, and kneel.
• Ability to unite and collaborate with staff, stakeholders, community leaders and vendors.
• Some education, including vocational qualification and training courses or college degree in a related field.
• Experience in theatrical lighting or related field.
• Comfortable working in high places and an ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Creative and pleasant personality who enjoys working with a team in a fast-paced environment.
• College degree with a theatre emphasis (lighting preferred).
• Experience in professional theatrical electrician or completion of LORT-equivalent internship program.
• Ability to program basic cue sequences on an ETC Express and familiarity with the Emphasis Server.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs