What is Do312?
Do312 is a website and social networking community built around events such as live music, street festivals, and other cultural happenings going on in and around Chicago every day. With Do312, Chicagoans have a direct source to discover, promote, and create their own event listings. We strive to have the most accurate up-to-date listings of what to do in this fine city. Help us help folks get off the couch!
Do312’s editorial and content intern will be responsible for content entry and maintenance needs on Do312’s website. An editorial and content intern will need to be focused, able to work quickly and efficiently, and have an eye for detail. Interns must also excel at writing and be familiar with event previews, reviews, and blogging in general. Bringing an individual style and personality to your work is always encouraged.
* Minimum of 15 hours per week for a 4 month commitment. (10 hours in office 5 hours remote)
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Prior awareness of Do312 – active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter, Etc)
* Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each.
* Strong, proven writing skills, with examples.
* Strong passion for music and/or Chicago events and nightlife.
* Generally “in the know” about Chicago events and happenings.
* Self-Motivated – ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment.
* Flexible schedule – able to attend Do312 events as frequently as possible.
* Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on the position if not seeking credit.
* Must own or have access to a laptop computer for in office use.
Content Management including:
* Entering events as well as happy hours and daily specials from various sources i.e. newsletters, venue and event calendars.
* Fixing band videos and updates
* Building venue or event lists (i.e. best patios, festival aftershows, etc.)
* Creatively thinking about other editorial content that would be of interest to the Do312 community.
* Merging duplicate listings, general site maintenance
* Additional various tasks – adding info sent by Content Manager, double checking venue listings, etc.
Sweet stuff for you:
* Get in on the ground floor of a new Chicago-based media property
* A nice resume builder
* Free passes to concerts and events around town
* Monthly gatherings with food and beverages to share and collaborate on all things Do312
* Live event promotional experience and industry networking opportunities.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs