– Meet David Grossman, Leadership and Communications Expert, CEO of The Grossman Group and 2016 Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) National Assembly Keynote Speaker, who will deliver a presentation on authenticity and provide strategies that can help you be more of who you are in the workplace to build trust and engagement
– Hear from a panel of successful Columbia College PR alums now at top entertainment, fashion, event planning, and corporate agencies
– Polish your networking skills
– Present (work-in-progress) portfolios to professionals for feedback (available to Columbia College Chicago seniors who register in advance HERE.*)
– Have a chance to win one-of-a-kind “Care-er packages” including career guidebooks, professional branding advice, lunch with leaders in the field, event tickets, one-one-one agency visits, and much more!
– Meet with Lauren Walsh of LW Branding, a styling, branding, and imaging consultant for tips on how to best present yourself and your brand.
12:30-1:15pm Keynote David Grossman & PR Professionals Panel
1:15-2pm PR Professionals Panel
2-3:30pm Portfolio Review (for registered Columbia College Chicago Senior Students*)
Register to attend this event: https://2016-cccimmersion-pr.eventbrite.com
David Grossman, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA is both a teacher and student of effective leadership and communication and helps leaders drive productivity and get the results they want through authentic and courageous leadership communication. He’s a sought-after speaker and advisor to Fortune 500 leaders. A three-time author, David is CEO of The Grossman Group, an award-winning Chicago-based strategic leadership development and internal communication consultancy; clients include: Hill-Rom, Eastman Chemical Company, Kimberly-Clark, McDonald’s and Motel 6, to name a few. His newest book, “No Cape Needed: The Simplest, Smartest, Fastest Steps to Improve How You Communicate by Leaps and Bounds,” was published in the fall of 2015 and recently won the Pinnacle Book Award for the “Best in Business” category. In addition, David teaches Internal Engagement at Columbia University, in New York City. To connect with David you can find him on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Lauren Walsh is an entrepreneur at heart who wanted to figure out a way to turn her passion for people, fashion, sports and entertainment into a career. She studied financial planning and retail management at Purdue University, where she was also a member of the cheerleading squad for four years. After earning her degree, Lauren wanted to find a way to stay involved and give back to the athletic community so she began working as a mentor for the University’s football team. It was then that Lauren realized a true need for life and personal branding advice amongst individuals, particularly athletes. With a professional background in recruiting and financial services, in addition to nine years of styling and personal branding experience, Lauren finally decided to make the leap from corporate America to pursue her passion in January 2015. Since it’s inception, LW Branding has expanded its services from styling professional athletes to personal branding and image consulting services for professional athletes and entertainers alike.
Event sponsors: The Grossman Group, Columbia College Chicago’s Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA); The Communication and Media Innovation Department, Alumni Relations, The Portfolio Center.
Immersion is a series of engagement opportunities for students and professionals, designed to connect Columbia College Chicago students to their career fields. A mix of panels, presentations, company tours, recruiting events, and portfolio reviews provide multiple ways to engage, on and off campus.
Presented by the Portfolio Center of Columbia College Chicago, in partnership with our academic departments and the professional community, Immersion highlights the interconnectedness of cross-disciplinary career pathways.