12/7/15: Update from this employer that this position has been filled, however, qualified applicants may still send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Design Services Manager, the Design Services Assistant Designer is assisting the Meyer Sound Design Services staff in organizational and design efforts to better serve our clients and sales team. The Design Services Assistant Designer is a full-time non-exempt position.
• Monitor incoming design requests and assist with intake of projects by locating and acquiring architectural drawings and other pertinent details from clients.
• Assist Design Services staff in managing and input information into the Sales Support Database/Salesforce
• Maintain digital files and information pertaining to project design.
• Work as a liaison between Design Services and internal and external parties as needed.
• Review architectural drawings using AutoCAD, Sketchup, Vectorworks, and/or Revit.
• Support department designers by taking on loudspeaker designs using MAPP and/or EASE
• Update project data in the sales support database as well as Salesforce.
• Research and assist in the creation of presentations and presentation documents.
• Direct support email/calls from customers to appropriate party.
• Maintain, organize, update, and distribute department documents.
• Catalog and maintain department inventory.
• Coordinate the shipping of equipment for system calibrations.
• Communicate clearly and often with all Meyer Sound sales and support staff.
• Assist with activities such as department maintenance, archiving project information, architectural drawing conversion, refining database operating procedures and features, as well as gathering and summarizing information.
• Assist on various special projects as needed and complete other tasks as assigned
• Bachelors degree, or equivalent combination of skills, with previous audio experience.
• 1-2 years’ experience with sound reinforcement products.
• Basic understanding of sound system design.
• Experience in acoustical prediction software a plus.
• AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit, and/or Vectorworks experience preferred.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, work independently and as part of a close team, and excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills (Windows and Macintosh), including word processing, presentation programs, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet.
• Must pass general and criminal background check.
Meyer Sound designs and builds innovative audio technology, from Constellation that changes rooms acoustics at a button press to powerful loudspeaker systems that tour with Michael Buble, Fun., and Ariana Grande.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs