Thanks to everyone who submitted their work to Columbia College Chicago’s Young Authors Writing Competition!
We are busy reading all 1,800 of the submissions we received. Ten finalists will be named in each of the three categories: Fiction, Nonfiction, and Poetry. Out of those ten, three winners will be chosen. First place will receive a cash prize of $200, second place $100, and third place $50. All finalists will receive a certificate and copies of our Creative Writing Department’s literary journals. Finalists and winners will be notified by the end of March.
Every student who submitted to the contest is invited to the Young Authors Awards Ceremony at our downtown Chicago campus on Saturday, April 29. Families, friends, and teachers are also invited. Attendees should RSVP by April 7 with the number in their group to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards Ceremony events will be held at Columbia College Chicago’s Stage Two, 618 S. Michigan Avenue, second floor. Anyone who would like to attend the Columbia tour should let us know when they RSVP.
- 10:00 – 11:00: Optional tour of Columbia College Chicago (meets at 600 S. Michigan)
- 11:00 – 11:15: Registration and sign-up for workshops (618 S. Michigan)
- 11:15 – 12:30: Writing workshops led by Columbia’s Creative Writing faculty
- 12:30 – 1:00: Lunch provided by Columbia College Chicago Office of Admissions
- 1:00 – 1:30: Undergraduate student panel: the College Creative Writing Experience
- 1:30 – 3:00: Awards ceremony and readings by winners, followed by open mic
If you did not get a chance to submit to our 2017 contest, please check back next fall for details about our 2018 competition. If you’d like to be added to our student or teacher email list, send a note to email@example.com.
For more information about Columbia College Chicago’s creative writing community, please check out our website at http://www.colum.edu/creativewriting