Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

index

Happy Halloween Everyone!

There’s one more week until Halloween, and guess what I’ve been working on! A ghost story podcast called “Around the Campfire.” My last week and a half has been filled with late nights set aglow with a single candle to create a spooky vibe among my studio. This ongoing podcast generally has about two ghost stories for people to listen to and enjoy. If anyone of you have a ghost story, they are always looking for submissions and stories to be told! You can hear the first podcast along with my music here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-campfire/id1165827682?mt=2

cover170x170

Other than the podcast, we are in week seven of the semester, and as second years we are about to start writing for our first recording session at CRC! The past two weeks we’ve been working in Wwise, a gaming programmer, and it has been the calm before the storm. The next few weeks entail late nights, busy weekends, lots of tape, and you can’t forget; lots of coffee! We will be writing for a section from the game ‘Journey’ and I believe we will have about a minute to two minutes total. It will be our first recording session so wish us luck! Other than that coming up, we are just finishing up with the composer in residency, Heather McIntosh. She has been an absolute pleasure to have here helping us, and I know that we are all going to miss her dearly! Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, Heather! (That’s a little inside joke within our class, but you can type that into Youtube and see what we’ve been endlessly discussing these past few weeks as a joke).

Last but not least, I’m not sure what it is, but Fall has got to be the busy season for directors! I have been getting so many emails about collaborating with people that it’s been hard to pick and choose. There are so many amazing stories/films, and I never want to have to say no, but alas, that needs to happen once in a while or you will cut yourself short with other projects. I just picked up and quickly finished a score for an amazing short film called “Mono” directed and produced by Al Benoit. He uses the same cinematographer in pretty much all of his work, Jonah Rubash, and I can say that watching them grow over the years as a team is just incredible. I’m so proud to be able to work with them. The shots, location, acting, everything is so beautiful, and Al always seems to be able to take from a little and make it much much larger. This film visually looks similar to “Planet of the Apes” paired with “2001 Space Odyssey.” Now I know those are some pretty intense comparisons that you don’t pair with lightly, but Al has a talent that you won’t forget.