They say that life is a marathon not a sprint, but what the people handing out advice fail to tell you is that it’s also a juggling act, an exercise in being relentlessly kind and a long term commitment to never give up, even if you are sprinting.
Since graduating the number of things that I have become involved in seems to have multiplied rapidly. Or at least the number of things that I am involved in decreased to 1 or 2 things when I moved, and then about a month later jumped astronomically to 9 or 10. Having these many projects going at one time seems to be the nature of being a person. To me being constantly involved is an aspect of life. It’s just another part of the juggling act. All of my work, performance, and life pursuits can be broken down into a few categories. So in the spirit of lists being popular, I’m going to list some things.
- I am planning a wedding with my fiancée.
- I am doing as many household chores as the day allows.
- I am still learning the piano.
- I am still learning how to code.
- I’m in the middle of five books, on various subjects and on various points of the spectrum between fiction and non fiction.
- I am in a show called On The Spot, an improvised short-form show like Whose Line Is It Anyway.
- I am in a show called Makeshift Shakespeare, an improvised play after the themes, tropes, and spirit of William Shakespeare.
- I am debuting a show called ROCK: The Two Person Improvised Rock Opera, with my fiancée.
- A show that I wrote is debuting in Chicago at the Collaboraction Theatre, as part of a series of plays performed by A. O. Trunk Show.
- I was going to audition for more, but decided to hold back for once.
- I am working for Channel 12 PBS as a contract employee, helping with corporate support
- I am working for Revenue Development, INC. as a contract employee calling on accounts and assisting with marketing and general business systems (They didn’t have a PayPal before I came into the picture)
- I am working on a start up with a dear friend. The details of this start up are still mostly under wraps, and will stay that way until the opportune moment.
- Bovine Metropolis Theater, the theater that started my career as an arts, entertainment and media administrator, has asked me to develop a strategic plan for them, and I as an ethical human, don’t want to start until I can maximize their ROI with the development, implementation, and training aspects of the plan.
- I am working at a bar as a bartender, for extra cash, and for fun.
Overall, life is good, and fast moving. I thought that I would have a chance to catch my breath when I moved back to Denver, but alas, once you start on the path of doing all the things, you will do all the things until, forever, I guess. So if you can relate to juggling everything, doing everything, and running a marathon, kudos to you, feel free to send me a message or comment below. It’d be nice to know that I’m not alone.