Behind the Curtain

Behind the Curtain

Just before the end of last year, I was contacted by a prospective Arts, Entertainment, and Media Management graduate student named Philip Hernandez. He had questions about the program, and during our interaction he told me that he hosts a podcast called Behind The Curtain on which he interviews professionals in the AEMM field. When he asked if I would like to be interviewed on the podcast, I couldn’t say no! I actually think it turned out well, and, if you are thinking about Columbia and the AEMM program, I think it could be a useful source of information (but I will let you be the judge of that!).

I had never done a podcast before, so this was a new experience for me. We arranged to record the interview via Skype. I prepared a few talking points, and we were off. Philip called me, we checked the sound levels, did a practice question, and then we were off.

It was a really enjoyable experience for two reasons. First, being interviewed is fun. Second, it was a great way to consolidate the knowledge I have acquired of the AEMM field as well as many of the amazing experiences I have had, and communicate them verbally to someone else. We covered many topics including my background, what led me to Chicago, the state of the arts managements industry, and the AEMM grad program at Columbia.

A few people have told me it is an interesting listen. So, without much further ado, I present to you the first ever Ali Porter interview on Behind The Curtain with Philip Hernandez (the sound is a little odd due to using Skype):

Click HERE to listen!

For more interesting podcasts, check out Philip’s website, Behind The Curtain. Big thanks to Philip for the opportunity!