Review: Grail Café

Review: Grail Café

The Grail Café has been a favorite spot of mine for a while now. When I tried Grail for the first time, the employee recommended their favorite drink, and I haven’t ordered something else since! And that was an iced lavender vanilla latte with oat milk, which is my favorite drink of all time. The owner and chef is Sheldrick Holmes. They’re community focused and utilize locally sourced ingredients. Their menu changes with the seasons! 

Today, we tried their seasonal avocado toast, chocolate chip cookie, and iced matcha with oat milk. The avocado toast had tomatoes, mandarins, arugula, and a pepper aioli. It was super fresh and unique! The chocolate chip cookie was chewy with flaky sea salt. Their pastry case is filled with pastries from PHlour. Their matcha was definitely one of my favorite matchas I’ve had here in Chicago. It was earthy and creamy. Overall, I would recommend Grail. Their drink and food selections are high-quality and delicious.  

The Grail Café has been open since January 1st, 2020. They’re located on 715 S. Dearborn Street, roughly in between the Dwight and the Student Center. Vist them 7am-6pm all days of the week. Check out their website here and their Instagram here