How to Safely Reconnect with Friends

How to Safely Reconnect with Friends

Staying connected with friends and people you love is vital in a pandemic. Staying safe is vital in a pandemic. So how do you do both? It’s a little bit uncomfortable. Everyone has their own comfort levels and opinions. Whatever they may be, we should respect them. Regardless, we are all getting creative in a way we’ve never done before and it’s inspiring! We are experiencing friendship and connection in a whole new way. I think it’s helpful to lean into this, instead of thinking about what you can’t do anymore. Anything that happens, humans will always be connecting with one another.  

1. If you feel comfortable, walk around the city all bundled up with your masks on. If anything, masks in the winter help to stay warmer! 
  2. Plan a trip with your friend(s) for when the world is in a better place and you feel comfortable again. I’m really loving this because it gives us all something to look forward to. 
  3. It doesn’t even have to be a trip! Plan to do something that you and your friend(s) love to do. Whether it’s finally sitting down at your favorite restaurant, going shopping, or going to a museum, make a detailed and extravagant plan to look forward to. 
  4. A virtual PowerPoint night! I’ve seen this a lot on Social Media and it looks so fun. Basically, you and your friends each make your own creative PowerPoints. They can be inside jokes you have, oddly specific niches, or really anything you can think of. 
  5. As it feels like I’m running out of ideas to connect with my friends virtually, the overall idea I’m implementing is to make plans feel more extravagant and exciting than they actually are. Like planning a night to watch a new movie with your friends and order takeout!  

Stay safe and happy connecting!