Welcome back to campus for the Spring 2021 semester! Before returning to campus, there are some things you need to know.
- MASKS: Masks are required for everyone in all campus buildings. Bandanas, neck gaiters, knitted masks, and exhalation vent masks are not permitted on campus. Students, faculty, and staff members can pick up two free masks now through February 5th at 33 E. Ida B. Wells Drive. Mask pick-up is Monday-Friday from 9am-4pm.
- VOLUNTARY TESTING: Free on-campus testing is still available this semester, both at the same locations as last semester. The testing on campus is now rapid, meaning you will know your results in 30 minutes or less. If you are asymptomatic, testing is available at 618 S. Michigan by calling 844-766-3775. If you are symptomatic, testing is available at 916 S. Wabash by calling the Student Health Center at 312-369-6830. Both are by appointment only, but there are always many open and immediate time slots.
- MANDATORY TESTING: In fact, everyone that is returning to campus will need to be tested for COVID-19. For students, you need to have a negative test no more than 5 days before your first time on campus. If you choose to get tested off-campus, you must upload a negative test onto MedProctor also no more than 5 days before your first time on campus. (You don’t need to upload test results on MedProctor if you get tested through Columbia).
- DAILY PRE-CHECK: Each day you return to campus, you must show your cleared building pre-check to Campus Security. You can find the pre-check on the website, on the Campus Groups app, or the QR code once you enter the building.
- TRAVEL: You need to comply with the City of Chicago’s guidance for return, which can be found here.