Columbia strives for inclusivity, in all its areas. We believe that a person’s ability to express themselves freely is of utmost importance. People feel valued and understood when their preferred first name is respected. Below is a way that you can officially change your preferred name through MyColumbia.
- Login to your MyColumbia portal.
- Select the MyColumbia tab.
- Under the My Profile section, select “Change My First Name.”
- You will receive a notification in your portal once your request has been reviewed and processed.
- After being notified of the change, contact Columbia Central at ColumbiaCentral@colum.edu to request a card with your updated name.
For more information on Columbia’s Student Diversity and Inclusion, click here for a video of additional resources available to you.