Karsen Gromm

Karsen Gromm

I work in all sorts of artistic mediums and I have a hard time choosing just one to focus on, so I don’t. Instead, I say “Do Everything.” Since I was a child, I’ve been involved in lots of different art forms and I’ve found ways to use them all together. I’ll draw character designs for stories I write, or I’ll choreograph dances and stage fights and paint murals for plays that I act in, or I’ll write scripts for videos that I film and edit, or I’ll take photographs that I use for inspiration when creating concept art, or a million other combinations of things. Having experience in different art forms has been incredibly helpful to me because it gives me more to work with and it shows me how much work goes into creating something.
My official major is animation and I have a minor in fiction writing. I hope to work on both visual and story development for animated movies, but I’m happy to do concept art, character design, and other developmental and illustration work on all sorts of narrative-driven content. I’ve always been a storyteller and the combination of writing, visual artistry, and acting that goes into creating animated content felt like the best place to use all of my skills together. I’ve also been blown away by the development art I’ve seen for some of my favorite movies like Prince of Egypt, How to Train Your Dragon, and The Little Prince. After seeing that artwork, I knew that’s what I wanted to do.
I can be found all across social media as either Karsen Gromm or Karsen Ryan Luis. In addition to my artwork, I have personal online accounts geared more towards transgender education and activism. The best place to find my artwork and request commissions or other services I offer is through my personal website karsengromm.weebly.com