Colum Alum Highlight: Shaunda Brooks-Green

We’re back with another Colum Alum highlight! We reached out to Shaunda Brooks-Green to see what she was up to after graduating in 2017. Read about her #LifeafterCCC journey below:

I attended Columbia for grad school (September 2015 – May 2017). I graduated from the Arts Management Masters program, with a focus in Music Business and was a graduate assistant for the Residence Life office for both years. While at Columbia, I was apart of TEDxColumbiaCollegeChicago, where I was the Marketing Director for the 2016-2017 school year.

My background is in Live Event Production, Marketing, and Music Business. I had 2 internships while I was at Columbia (247HH and DCASE). My roles following graduation included agency (Project Coordinator at Burrell Communications), many festival positions (Lollapalooza, Pitchfork, Beach Road Weekend), working at the top music studio in Chicago (Production/ Internship Coordinator at Chicago Recording Company), working in marketing (Marketing Coordinator at Innovation Arts & Entertainment), and a number of contract and freelance event positions. I currently work in events at Superfly and do marketing and PR for Chicago hip-hop artist, Ausar. My proudest work is for an organization that I birthed at Columbia called 6D Networktainment, an artist development nonprofit in Chicago. Through my nonprofit, I also started a music and community festival called Windy Fest.

Word of advice? Keep going! Do everything, intern, find a mentor, learn, grow! In creative industries, it’s hard to find jobs right away so it helps to be multifaceted. Be patient and don’t give up.