Travelon®, a well-established and leading manufacturer of feature rich travel bags and accessories, located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, has an immediate need for an experienced Industrial Designer. Travelon® offers a supportive and pleasant work environment, competitive salary structure and a great benefits program.
This position works with a design team in the development of non-apparel cut and sewn (bag) products. Ensuring that deadlines are met, the Product Designer must be able to conceptualize product concepts and communicate these into viable prototypes. The Product Designer will be working closely with Travelon Management and the China and U.S. product development teams.
Please note: this is not a sample or pattern maker position. Travelon will provide sample and pattern makers to implement this process. However, the Industrial Designer should have a good knowledge of production and sewing techniques to facilitate sample development and production.
• Research products, trends, colors and materials
• Initiate and interpret new product concepts to meet the needs of our customers
• Provide sketches, line art, design boards, and presentations to communicate design ideas
• Coordinate with the product management and design teams to refine concepts as needed and work within target product prices to assure most effective results
• Participate in design, product development reviews, Trade Shows and marketing meetings as needed
• Interact with China office, factories and product management teams to ensure timelines are met and consistent with customer specifications
• Other duties as assigned
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs