Reporting to the Writer/Editor, the Student Editorial Assistant (15-18 hours per week) paid position is intended for exceptional students (graduate or undergraduate) in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field. Applicants must be current Columbia College Chicago students who will be continuing their studies at Columbia for the 2016-17 academic year. This position requires 15-18 hours per week, split over at least two set weekdays.
The Student Editorial Assistant researches, compiles, writes, edits and proofreads content for a variety of print and online communications vehicles. The SEA may also manage regular communications vehicles using a Content Management System (CMS).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision of the Writer/Editor:
• Interview and report on college news, alumni, faculty, staff and other subjects as assigned.
• Compile information from various sources for use in publications.
• Research and fact check information to ensure content is accurate, complete and error free before publication.
• Perform macro edits to improve articles and meet word counts.
• Copyedit and proofread articles to ensure content is accurate, complete and error free before publication.
• Copyedit and rewrite copy from contributors across campus.
• Write compelling original copy including news blurbs, profiles and features for print and online.
• Secure permissions to use and properly credit photos and other artwork.
• Load content into content management system (CMS) for online publications.
• Perform research and administrative tasks as assigned by the Writer/Editor.
Learn more about qualifications and applying HERE.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs