Overview: Responsible for working collaboratively to design and develop websites and web applications and to perform other web-development tasks.
Functions and Percentage of Time:
1. Develops and maintains the look and feel of Hadley’s online presence, using third-party software platform and custom programming. 50%
2. Explores and presents compelling visual designs for pages, features, experiences to enhance Hadley’s websites and other web applications.
3. Works collaboratively with other members of the Web Team to ensure web content accessibility compliance.
4. Cross-trains team members to use web design and development tools.
5. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must have experience with full cycle website design and development process, strong artistic design ability and working knowledge of customizing and implementing content management systems, such as Drupal. Coding experience required (HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, MSSQL, jQuery) as well as a firm understanding of UI design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
Experience with web accessibility is a plus.
Please know that Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired does not sponsor prospective employees for temporary immigration status (e.g., H-1B status).
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs