If your passion is apparel product development, this is an exciting opportunity to join the JOCKEY team! This position entails executing and communicating all aspects within the product development calendar, from concept through all stages, until development is complete and handed off to operations. You’ll work with our men’s Product Development team to execute apparel development, also working with our design and product technical teams.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, execute and adhere to the Critical Path Planning (CPP) calendar for product with internal departments as well as designated manufacturers for 100% development complete approval by Red Seal. Serve as main liaison with business units/sourcing organization and manufacturers to communicate the development of product.
* Understand designated product categories garment construction, sourcing strategy, product attributes and product direction, as well as how color translates across multiple fabrications and components within a garment.
* Initiate and track color development within product line plans for timely completion.
* Oversee all development for seal samples, concept samples, sales samples, photo shoot samples, and any other samples required.
* Create, develop, and test care labels, pad print labels, and heat transfer labels.
* Assist/review cost structure, margin goals, and impacts to margins for business units.
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study.
Knowledge of apparel manufacturing or garment construction a plus.
Knowledge of fabrics, trims, and physical properties an advantage.
Product costing/product development knowledge.
Excellent communication, organization, and team skills.
Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive and comprehensive flexible benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/ Life/Vision, 401(k), educational support, paid Volunteerism program, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, a challenging work environment, summer hours, and exciting career growth opportunities!
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs