* Assist with design and production of layouts with traditional print and web applications. Visual communications include and are not limited to; catalogs, brochures, advertisements, sales promotions, flyers, manuals, forms, sales collateral, presentations, email, social media, infographics, direct mail campaigns and websites. Fulfill image and logo requests. Works with Creative Services Manager to determine appropriate technical methods to apply to each project. Learns to prepare final layouts for printer and reviews printer proofs. Understands and operates within copyright law.
* Collaborates with Creative Services Manager and Marketing Account Executives to determine graphic direction and meet scheduled deadlines. Participates in group sessions and meetings on a project basis to present design concepts, driving a uniform presentation of the NSC brands.
* Coordinates with Creative Services Manager to assist in defining and working within corporate brand guidelines. Designs graphics for assigned projects that support the overall brand strategy.
* Maintains orderly files and links on the server. Learns printing specifications for typical NSC design pieces. Adheres to marketing process protocol.
* Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related discipline with 1+ years’ experience in the graphic design profession, preferably within corporate in-house departments.
* Good understanding of Mac OS environment with basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite 6 or higher, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Solid understanding of general design principles, grid systems and typography for print and web publishing.
* Ability to understand project scope and ask appropriate questions unique to each. Presents visual solutions and communicates strategies behind design ideas and executions.
* Strong communication and time-management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a variety of people and personalities.
* Plans and carries out responsibilities with direction from Creative Services Manager.
More info on this HOT JOB HERE.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs