Overview: CAEL is seeking an accomplished professional to manage its growing line of work related to improving higher education and career opportunities for veterans, in addition to special projects. This is a full-time position requiring a proven track record in project management, services coordination, meeting planning and facilitation, external relations, and writing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and facilitate regional and statewide veterans education affinity groups.
• Manage regional veterans career pathway initiative.
• Facilitate interactive meetings of diverse stakeholders to disseminate best practices and move project goals forward.
• Keep self and others on track for high-quality, timely, and cost-effective deliverables.
• Plan meetings and events including agenda, logistics and documentation.
• Establish strong relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders to promote CAEL and achieve project goals.
• Represent CAEL in meetings and other interactions with constituents including funders, higher education and workforce development leaders, government officials, and community-based groups, and other stakeholders
• Write grant proposals and reports.
• Assist with financial tracking of projects.
• Document project activities and lessons learned.
• Develop expertise on several major issues including higher education policy, prior learning assessments, and student veterans. Research and document best practices.
• Develop and deliver engaging presentations on CAEL’s work and various issues related to adult learning.
• Lead or participate in designing of webinars, workshops and toolkits.
• Assist in development of new initiatives and models.
• Other duties as assigned.