Full-time, $45k/ annual salary
Van Duzer Vinyards is a family owned Oregon winery with a marketing office based in Chicago is seeking to hire an enthusiastic marketing, communications and public relations professional to lead winery communications and public relations. The primary and critical function of this position is writing and we envision the ideal candidates having prior experience writing in food, wine or culture. The secondary, although equally important function is communications and PR as this position will be responsible for writing press releases, social media postings, updating website content and communications for the winery. This person will report to the owners but will work closely with winery team to execute our marketing and public relations plans to increase brand awareness. The experienced manager will direct efforts of communications across various print, online and social media outlets and through an outreach plan to select wine writers and reviewers. This person must be a team player but also inspire perfection. Prior experience in the wine industry is strongly preferred.
Scope of Responsibilities
– Direct the development and execution of communications across media platforms in support of marketing goals and brand identity
– Manage in-house communications coordinators and independent creative resources against plan and budget.
– Create and manage printed materials for the sales team.
– Personally write key documents such as press releases and direct the creative efforts that give voice to brand identity
– Oversee winery sales and promotional materials for network of wine distributors, monthly communications and events for wine club members, and website administration/updates and weekly posts on Facebook and other social media.
– Write winery newsletters and monthly e-blasts for distributors, customers and wine club members
– Cultivate wine writers and lead public relations plan with the goals of raising brand awareness and securing reviews of wine releases and winery in major media sources
– Contribute to the shaping of a strong graphic identity
– Manage databases of key contacts
More info on this HOT JOB HERE.