Provide services to SOS children and their families in order to achieve the particular case goal as outlined and explained in the client service plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide comprehensive case management services to SOS children, including assessment, referral, placement supervision, service plan formulation and implementation, and appropriate involvement with the SOS and biological families. Act as a partner to Foster Parents in times of need.
2. Maintain complete, accurate, and current service reports on children and families served including timely written case notes, six-month summaries and permanency reports as required and/or requested by DCFS and SOS. Conduct quarterly audits of client files.
3. Advise and consult with the Client, Foster Parent and Child Welfare Supervisor to ensure adequate understanding of the case dynamics and the needs of the Client.
4. Coordinate effectively with DCFS and other community agencies for the maximum utilization of available resources to address the service goals of the cases assigned.
5. Work in conjunction with the Child & Family Services Coordinator to develop a working knowledge of community resources which may be used in serving clients and maintain a close working relationship with these resources.
6. Act as a Liaison to the Foster Parent Enrichment Coordinator and Child & Family Services Coordinator within the Spanish speaking communities towards identifying resources and foster parent recruitment.
7. Prepare for and attend required case meetings, ACR’s, court hearings, and staffings.
Submit reports as required by Supervisor. Communicate problems and issues within the department to the Child Welfare Supervisor.
8. Perform on-call duties as needed to carry out the responsibilities as required.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
More info on this HOT JOB HERE.