Marginalia, Graduate Blog

Nearing the end…

Katie Kather

Working on thesis

Working on thesis

It feels so strange that I’ll be done with the Journalism, MA program exactly one month after posting this. Mostly, I feel panic when I think about it.  Thesis!  Final projects!But every once in awhile, I do feel relief. I’ll go from the intensity of grad school with three part time jobs to ONE JOB. Or two, depending on if I can get full time hours, but that’s another story.

What do people do when they only have ONE thing to focus on? I wonder if I’ll get into crafting again, or maybe I’ll finally try cooking? Maybe I’ll actually go to the gym more than once every two weeks.

I feel like the possibilities are endless. But there’s so much I’ll miss about this program, and I’ve gotten used to this life the past year and a half. I’ll miss the people in the program mostly. And I get scared…what if I didn’t take advantage of everything I could have while I was here? What if I missed opportunities?

Okay, that’s probably enough ruminating. I can’t sit around getting sad/excited. I still have to finish my thesis after all.

Nearing the end…

It feels so strange that I’ll be done with the Journalism, MA program exactly one month after posting this. Mostly, I feel panic when I think about it.  Thesis!  Final …

Journalism MA Katie Kather, kathryn.kather@loop.colum.edu
600 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60605

The Graduate Experience