And That’s A Wrap on the Ol’ Thesis

[flickr id=”8682712318″ thumbnail=”medium” overlay=”true” size=”original” group=”” align=”center”]

I TURNED MY THESIS IN THIS WEEK.

And that’s a wrap, folks. No more coursework. No more classes. No more thesis hours. Just a month left and I will hold an MFA in Nonfiction.[flickr id=”8681601723″ thumbnail=”medium” overlay=”false” size=”original” group=”” align=”center”]

It’s crazy to think that I’ve been here for three years and that now, it’s on to the next thing.

And the next things are:

1. FIND A JOB

That’s how I plan to spend the next few weeks. Applying for jobs EVERY SINGLE DAY. My hope is to be employed by May 31st.

2. FIND AN APARTMENT

My hope is to have a new place by June 1st. Yes, that’s right, I am job searching and apartment searching and as of a few days ago, was completing a thesis. Needless to say, I have been swamped. But the next few weeks should be a bit breezier now that 140 something pages (manuscript + introduction) has been lifted off of my shoulders. And here’s to hoping that I get my three apartment wishes—hardwood flooring, a porch/patio and laundry in the building. Is that too much to ask?

3. REVISING AND SUBMITTING

I’ve already been submitting essays, trying to submit at least one a week, which doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but now that I am done with my thesis, I plan on going back to my one-a-day submission plan. I would also like to go back into my thesis and revise a few. Now that everything is assembled, I would like to go back in and expand on a few essay and also write a few more. A traditional collection of essays should be about 200-250 pages, so at 120, I still have a ways to go. Summer will be full of writing, revising and submitting.

So, here’s to jobs and apartments on the horizon and to submitting and revising my work.  Cheers, cheers!