Marginalia, Graduate Blog

Things I Love

Parker Stockman

Favorite things

Favorite things

It’s Valentine’s Day as I write this, so I wanted to give a shout out this week to all the things I love, in no particular order (until the end, then it’s my absolute favorite thing).

First, we have Books and Movies, or media. I just bought my favorite book’s film adaptation (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) and the new book by one of my favorite authors, Karen Russell.

Junk food. I love all kinds! Cheese dip, ice cream, donuts, and Chex Mix are my favorite. I balance it out with my other love, pomegranate seeds. They are healthy…right?

Favorite things

Favorite things

Coffee and weird coffee mugs. I love finding quirky things to drink my coffee in. I just got a TARDIS mug that is square and hard to drink from, but it has a lid and makes me think I could travel in time and space when I drink from it.

Of course, I love writing. That’s why I’m here!

Favorite things

Favorite things

The beach. I love putting my toes in sand right where the surf is breaking and letting the water rush up and then make my toes sink into the sand, then further with each wave. It’s awesome.

Hiking, something I don’t do much of now that I live in the Midwest. I did it a lot more when I lived in GA. I need to do it again soon!

Rugby. This is a newer love, but gosh darn it, do I love it.

Favorite things

Favorite things

My family. Look how awesome we all look. We are at the beach here, so you know I clearly was in double love.

Finally, we have myself. I think you should always love yourself. It’s so important, and it helps you do what you’re here to do—make awesome art.

What do you love, Marginalians? (MarginALIENS? I like that better. I also love puns.)

Things I Love

It’s Valentine’s Day as I write this, so I wanted to give a shout out this week to all the things I love, in no particular order (until the end, …

Creative Writing - Fiction MFA Parker Stockman, parker.stockman@loop.colum.edu
600 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60605

The Graduate Experience