Haven Perry On Lovergirl’s Upcoming Launch

Haven Perry is a first year Master of Arts Management student. She and a friend will be launching Lovergirl, a vintage/design business that will sell vintage and customized clothing, this winter. We talked to Haven about her experiences planning for the big launch.

What brought you to Columbia College Chicago?

I was working as a flight attendant based in Chicago for two years before I decided to attend Columbia’s Master of Arts Management program. When I wasn’t traveling, I was working on my own creative projects and started attending classes through Columbia’s online program. After that, I fell in love with the school and found a program that I felt drawn to and decided to apply.

How did you become interested in vintage and customized clothing?

I was interested in all types of vintage shopping from a young age, but I didn’t start specifically shopping for clothing for myself until I was nineteen. I started shopping vintage and thrifting because I loved expressing myself through fashion and was obsessed with the uniqueness vintage clothing provides. It felt exciting to always find something different and unexpected. My obsession with customized clothing also came around that time. I was always finding clothing that I imagined tweaking or adding details to in my head.

What has been the most surprising thing about planning the launch of your online business during this pandemic?

I think the most surprising thing for me is the focus and motivation I feel at a time when everything around us feels so chaotic. Planning the launch really gave me an escape, and isolation heightened my imagination and led to more ideas than I knew what to do with.

What have you learned at Columbia that has helped you with the process?

Creative marketing is something I wasn’t very familiar with before my first semester at Columbia, but I find myself referencing things my professor has lectured about when it comes to how to execute different strategies for my business.

Where can people stay updated on the launch of Lovergirl?

Our Instagram handle is @lovergirl.online and everything can be found there after the official launch.