CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Multiples. Chicago October Holiday Fair

MULTIPLES. ANNOUNCES FIRST-ROUND PICKS FOR OCTOBER HOLIDAY FAIR
STANDARD DEADLINE AUGUST 15!

MULTIPLES. CHICAGO. is proud to announce its first-round exhibitor picks for the second edition of the Multiples. art, indie craft, handmade, print and visual culture fair taking place this October 17-19! Applications are still open to participate in the inaugural Multiples. Chicago event: the standard deadline to apply is August 15 at 11:59PM CST:

CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO THE MULTIPLES OCTOBER FAIR!

Or, for zine and comix artists CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO THE PRINTED MATERIALS SECTION AT MULTIPLES!

FIRST ROUND EXHIBITOR PICKS
Missy Orge / Pill Bug Designs, Ann Arbor, MI // Kettenglied, Naperville, IL // Four Eyes Handmade, Chicago, IL // Beth Eaton Pottery, Milwaukee, WI // Redbud Jewelry, Chicago, IL // Francine Gourguechon / Chicago Mosaics, Chicago, IL // Grace Ann Watson / Tara Diddle Creations, Chicago, IL // Patrick Smyczek / Beast USA Shirts, Milwaukee, WI // Grace Margulis / Good Grammar, Chicago, IL // Antidote Projects, Chicago, IL // Karna Erickson / Karna Karna Designs, Chicago, IL // Shelly Howell / Po Campo, Chicago, IL // Hot Knitting, St. Louis, MO // Justin Hart Ceramics, Chicago, IL // Scavenger Vintage, St. Louis, MO // Mojowear, Madison, WI // Humbleseed Jewelry, Yuba City, CA // Squeaky Sailor Soap, Minneapolis, MN // Berlyn Designs, Iowa City, IA // District 31, Ft. Wayne, IN // Midwest Lovely, Wheaton, IL // Acton Creative, Chesterton, IN // The Tin Owl, Madison, WI // Inkstone Arts, Fairfield, IA // Lina Caro, Chicago, IL // Benjamin Hersh, San Francisco, CA // Rebecca Mir Grady, Chicago, IL // Christine Bossler, Detroit, MI // Peripeti Home, Avon, OH PRINTED MATERIALS EXHIBITOR PICKS
Peter Bagge / Hate! Comics, Seattle, WA // Corinne Halbert / Hate Baby Comics, Chicago, IL // Lawrence L‚Amour / False Love Zine, Chicago, IL // Sarah Becan / I Think You‚re Sauceome, Chicago, IL // Corinne Mucha / Maiden House Fly, Chicago, IL // Joseph Wilcox, Chicago, IL // Michael Schneider and Jane Huh, Delia Awesome, Chicago, IL // Matthew Scott Gualco, Sacramento, CA // Kelsey Choo, Chicago, IL // Javier Suarez, Fresh Veggies Press, Hanover Park, IL // John Porcellino / King-Cat Comics / Spit and a Half Distro, South Beloit, IL

Full table dimensions for ALL table sections are 96″w x 30″d. ARTISTS OPEN CALLS! Last but not least, applications are also still being accepted to TOMORROW STARS and DRAWING SHOW artist open calls! These special exhibitions will be presented at the fair showcasing the newest and best in their respective categories.

FOR MORE INFO & TO APPLY TO THE DRAWING SHOW OPEN CALL, PLEASE CLICK HERE

FOR MORE INFO & TO APPLY TO THE TOMORROW STARS OPEN CALL, PLEASE CLICK HERE

PROPOSALS FOR PROGRAMMING
There are several areas in the fieldhouse, including a stage and balcony, available to stage special programming. We are currently accepting proposals for lectures, panel discussions, workshops and performances, or any other kind of experimental action. Please send a 500 word or less description of the program to us via email to michael@artmultiples.net; time limit, and preferred time slot during open hours on Saturday and Sunday. Multiples. is a temporary crossover market opening for one weekend in March and October 2014 showcasing objects produced as multiples. As a premise show, Multiples. seeks to span the division between art and craft, which are intimately connected, yet often artificially separated by preconceived notions of social value. Modeled as a hybrid of the contemporary commercial art fair, critical craft markets and an exploration of visual art forms, Multiples. is an affordable option for contemporary artists and makers looking to expose their practice and sell their editions, replicated hand-made, or manufactured works in Chicago. Be a part of the excitement. Please contact us (michael@artmultiples.net) with inquiries on how to become a Multiples. Chicago sponsor.

“Fantastic show !All vendors worked together so well giving advice and appreciating each other’s successes as small or large as they might be. The crowd was fun and energetic.We all gained new connections and fans! As for Christine and Michael: you guys were amazing feeding us muffins, always checking in to see how things were doing. On site all the time and always keeping positive attitudes˜even in the rain˜I will be a part of all your shows in the future! You guys rock!!!!” ˆ Karna Erickson, Karna Karna Designs “Christine and Michael were both really concerned with how we were doing throughout the day and talking about our work and different ways to expand it. We talked about display, basic techniques, other artists we knew, etc. It was really nice to have that type of dialogue with the people producing the show instead of just being thrown out there to do my own thing.” ˆ Janeane Bowlware, Redbud Jewelry

Multiples. entrance sign by Chicago Lights. Courtesy Art Multiples.

Crafter Caroline Borucki, installation view. Courtesy the artist and Art Multiples. Click here to join our Midwest Society Facebook group!

WHAT MULTIPLES. EXHIBITORS SAY: “Multiples. Chicago is a truly unique show! Multiples brings artists, makers and crafters of all mediums together in one space, encouraging artists/makers to push boundaries and explore new ways to think about and showcase their work.” ˆ Crystal Wells, Aitho Adornment „I was so pleased to be a part of this critical craft and art exhibition replete with performance, installation and hand made works by artists from around the country. I bought work, I sold work and I made some great contacts in Chicago. ˆ Melissa Moddonni Haims
“The contacts that I made at Multiples have already helped my business grow in both sales and education for the long term.‰ ˆ Paul Miller, 7M Woodworking
“I would LOVE to work with you and Michael again! I had a lovely time discussing our shared desire to create a less elitist, more democratic way for the public to interface with artists, and art objects. ˆ Claire Helen Ashley
“For me, it was especially nice to be able to interact and connect with so many creative and talented individuals. ˆ Margaret Leininger “The anticipation of showing at Multiples inspired me to create a new body of work that I was excited to show at the fair. The experience I gained really opened my eyes as to how craft fairs work and the “tightly-knit” community that revolves around it.ˆ CZR PRZ .
“This past weekend reminded me how beneficial being in an environment with other creatives can be. I have already begun my thought process in expanding my work into larger concepts & visualizing better display methods for the future. I am definitely excited for the next one in October! ˆ Caroline Borucki
“Multiples provided an open and welcoming space for me to explore my interactive performance. It was a valuable experience, and gave me taste of what incorporating performance into everyday life could be like. I definitely look forward to working with you again! ˆ Vicki Chen
“I had a great time during Multiples at the Square Roots Festival. I met a lot of wonderful people, talked about my art and sold several pieces. The fellow vendors, organizers, and visitors to Multiples were all very supportive of each other’s work. I would definitely be involved in another Multiples showcase.” ˆ Carolyn Kassnoff, It’ll Glow On You
“It was a good experience and I appreciate all your advice and thoughts about my work, so thank you so much for that! ˆ Shiri Daniella Kassel
“It was a pleasure doing Multiples this last weekend. What a group of good people. I think the October show is going to be awesome. I also feel this type of event is a great platform for me to spread the news about what Jakmel Eskpresyon is doing in Haiti. I really appreciate you and Michaels support and efforts for the center.ˆ Sue Frame, JE Haiti Artists Center