This essay and video contest is a way for students to explore both the limitations and possibilities of the technological solutions that Cleanup.Expert offers in a thought-provoking and intelligent manner. Two lucky winners will get money towards the college of their choice.
Application Deadline & Guidelines:
- Starting Date: July 5, 2022
- Deadline: December 35, 2022
- Winner Announcement: January 10, 2023
- 1st Place: $4,000
- 2nd Place: $2,500
Eligible applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or students currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Topics for Application Essay or Video:
- Automatic pool cleaners cleaners are a godsend for pool owners who no longer need to spend hours manually cleaning their pools. Let’s say you have a time machine and could transport yourself fifty years to 2072. Look at automatic pool cleaners of this era and write about how the technology behind them has evolved.
- Frank W. Ofeldt II accidentally invented pressure washer in 1926. He was working on a whiskey still when he discovered that steam forced at high pressure through a small hose was an effective method of eradicating grease from his garage floor. What other accidental inventions ended up making the world a better place?
- Explore in depth the features of floor mops. What changes would you make so they’re even better?
- Imagine you’ve just invented the smartest robot mop ever. What features does it have, and how will it revolutionize the cleaning industry?
- In what ways are robotic pool cleaners environmentally friendly? How could you make them even more so?
- What are some of the features of gas pressure washers that make them ideal for cleaning up your backyard?
- How can using electric pressure washers make a home safer?
- How effective is a steam mop at killing bacteria?
- Are spin mops suitable for all types of flooring? Why or why not?
- There are hundreds of YouTube videos of cats riding around on robot vacuums. Film a video or write a script for a commercial using felines to sell these magnificent labor-saving machines.
- While window cleaning robots are a relatively new innovation, if they become widely used, they could end up replacing the squeegee. What other old-fashioned cleaning tools could be replaced by emerging technology?
- What’s the technology behind air purifiers that make them exceptional at cleaning the impurities from indoor air?
- List all the ways upholstery cleaners make the average homeowner’s life easier.
- Write about the technology that makes a robotic lawn mower virtually theft proof.
For more information, please visit: https://cleanup.expert/scholarship-for-2022/
1st Place: $4,000
2nd Place: $2,500
Deadline – December 31, 2022
Winners announced – January 10, 2023
For more info click here