Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Richard Rawle Memorial Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college in the United States
- Be enrolled full-time
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
All students are encouraged to apply, regardless of their major or minor.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above then you can fill out the scholarship application by hitting the Apply Now button on this page. The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form. The application will ask for some basic information like:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- The name of your college or university (needs to be within the US)
- What year you are in college (high school graduates would be college freshmen)
- Your expected college graduation date
- Your current GPA (needs to be at least 2.5)
- A description of the community service or volunteer work that you have done
- A description of the extracurricular activities you have done
At the end of the application you will be asked to upload the following documents:
Document 1: Scholarship Essay
Read our tips and tricks for writing a scholarship essay to learn more about what makes a great paper.
- Your scholarship essay should be at least 500 words.
- Upload your essay as a Microsoft Word Doc, a Google Doc, or a PDF.
- The scholarship essay should answer the following prompt:
“How have you given back to your community and what did you learn in the process?”
Document 2: Reference Letter(s)
- Submit at least 1 reference letter for your scholarship application.
- Upload your reference letter(s) as a Microsoft Word Doc, a Google Doc, or a PDF.
- Reference letters can be written by anyone who is familiar with the applicant. For instance, a teacher, a professor, an employer, or someone who has worked with the applicant in their community service endeavors. Family members are discouraged from writing reference letters for applicants.
Amount – $1000
Deadline – June 1, 2022
Winner announced – June 14, 2022
For more information click here