- Have current enrollment in a U.S. 4-year or 2-year university or trade school
- High school seniors who reach or exceed 18 years of age before submission
- Write a relevant essay between 800-1500 words
- Include two letters of recommendation
- A headshot that can be featured in announcements if selected
Steps to Apply
- Write Essay
Submissions must explore the topics listed below. We request a length between 800-1500 words. Students may use the listed supplemental writing prompts to start.
- Gather Documents
Assemble the required scholarship documents (listed above).
- Submit Scholarship Materials
In an email, attach your personal essay, headshot, proof of enrollment, and two letters of recommendation. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible students interested in the Mesothelioma Awareness Scholarship must submit an essay covering one of the following topics:
- Promote awareness of mesothelioma, asbestos, asbestos exposure, or asbestos-related cancers or illnesses.
- Demonstrate relevant information about mesothelioma causes, potential risk factors, treatments, clinical trials, or emerging research.
- Highlight personal experiences related to asbestos or mesothelioma.
Amount – $1000
Deadline – December 31, 2021
Winners announced – January 31, 2022
For more information click here