- The Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship is available to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming Fall Semester.
- Preference is given to students from the Central Illinois area.
- Those who work with Josh Rohrscheib and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), as well as persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants should maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 and hold good academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay about the impact of a special teacher and the lessons the student will carry forward throughout their own career in education.”
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school.
The recipient of the Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship will be chosen and announced within the four weeks following the scholarship deadline. Any questions regarding the scholarship should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this annual scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by July 22nd. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “(Applicant Name) – Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship Application.”
Deadline: July 22, 2021
For more information please click here.