To take part in Leanbean’s Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship:
- Submit a current, complete transcript of your grades showing a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Have enrolled as a full-time student no later than the fall 2020 semester.
- Be an advocate of ‘clean sports performance’ free of any nonmedical prescription or illegal pharmaceuticals.
- Fill out a quick application form.
- Provide a cover letter as well as a resume
- Submit a photo or short video (*optional)
- Submit a well-thought-out, detailed essay of no more than 1,500 words on the following essay title: “Why prescription drugs are an unacceptable choice when it comes to improving body composition and athletic performance”
Consider these essay questions when writing your essay.
- What are the long term physiological implications/pitfalls of using illegal drugs (steroids, growth hormone etc) to improve your performance during athletic performance or sports.
- What are the ethical implications of students using prescription drugs in order to get an advantage in varsity sports?
- What are the natural techniques you employ in order to boost your own performance? (Regular training/practice? Mental exercises/meditation? Natural vitamins/supplements? Caffeine products? Other strategies?
How will they determine the winner:
The biggest single factor we will use in determining the winner is the originality and overall quality of the essay.
Whilst sporting accomplishments and skills, extracurricular activities and grades will play a role the winner will be the person who submits the most compelling written argument.
To enter, send your essay as well as the other required information listed above to the following email address email@example.com
The deadline for submissions will be no later than the 31st of March 2021.
The winner will be notified 2 weeks after the closing date of the competition and will be announced on this page.
Payment will be made directly to the winner’s school or, with prior agreement by all parties in writing, to the winner.
For more information click here