Great Value Colleges has developed a scholarship that is available for black undergraduate or graduate students who are majoring or minoring in music. Whether you are pursuing a degree in music performance, music education, music therapy, or some other type of music major, we invite you to apply for our twice-yearly $5,000 scholarship.
- $5,000 scholarship for black undergraduate or graduate students who are majoring or minoring in music
- Application Deadlines: July 30 and November 30
- Available to citizens of the United States
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who clearly articulate their journey with music and their future music goals and who meet the various other requirements of the scholarship with regards to GPA, test scores, volunteer activities, and other items as outlined below.
Great Value Schools Scholarship Requirements:
- Be attending or accepted at an accredited post-secondary U.S. institution (undergraduate or graduate)
- Be majoring or minoring in music
- Be a black U.S. Citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Print, complete, and submit the scholarship application form via email.
- Submit either a 1500-2000 word essay or 5 – 10 minute video that summarizes your journey in music and describes your future music goals (while in college and beyond)
Application Deadlines: July 30 (fall award); November 30 (spring award).
Winners will be notified by email approximately 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
Contact/Application Submission Information:
To read about our Spring 2021 scholarship recipient, click here.