As the world continues to change and grow more complex, it is important that students graduate confident and prepared to bring the necessary knowledge and skills needed to effectively problem solve, research, and make sense of information. The Course Hero STEM scholarship is designed to assist students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics achieve these goals.
To apply for this scholarship, first create a Course Hero account, then write a 500-word essay. The topic: Smart city technology is changing the way we live. It can be almost invisible to the city residents, and many people may not be aware of how it is affecting their day-to-day life.
If you’ve won, we’ll email you by January 18th, 2021, 11:59 PM PST to let you know. The scholarship money will then be sent directly to your school and applied to your tuition.
Apply by December 18, 2020, 11:59 PM PST
- Citizen or a permanent United States resident
- At least 18 years old at the date of entry
- At the date of the award, you must be enrolled (or accepted with plans to attend) a college or university in the United States listed here
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Field of study is related to science, technology, engineering, math (STEM)
One or more judges from Course Hero will read all the eligible contest entries and select the scholarship award recipients. The judge(s) will base their decision on your sincerity, creativity, thoughtfulness, and factual credibility, as well as your response to the following essay question: ‘Smart city technology can be almost invisible to their residents, and many people may not be aware of how technology is boosting safety, livability and more in these cities. What’s one current or coming technology that is changing or will change how cities work?’
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and the quality of your response, as determined by the judge(s)
Required Documents (Requested if selected a winner)
- Copy of your school or state photo ID (we use this only to verify your identity so we can award you the scholarship)
- Your year in school
- Your student ID number (please indicate whether this is a high school or college ID number)
- A high-def photo (we may use your photo and bio to feature you on our website and social media platforms)
- Short bio (2-5 sentences), including your hometown, school, major (if you have one), and plans for the future (What would you like people to know about you?)
- Your mailing address and T-shirt size (for some Course Hero swag!)
- Are you interested in being featured in a blog post? Yes/No
- GPA verification
- Complete Affidavit form