Due: September 20, 2020
The USA witnessed more than a million international students pouring in consecutively for the third time in 2018. On an average, any international student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program in the US spends around $35,000-$40,000 USD per year. Without a decent funding option available, studying in USA can be extremely expensive for international students.
Since education in the United States is said to be the costliest, Collegedunia has launched ‘$1000 Student Essay’ Scholarship for students who aspire to gain an extensive education from colleges in the US. While planning your study abroad, it is always a good practice to look for scholarships and sources of funding in your home country. Since prominent federal grants such as FAFSA are only available to domestic students in the US, only a handful of university scholarships and third-party funding sources are available once you have landed in the US.
Most international students can receive scholarships in their home country to study in the United States. Scholarships for Indian students in the US are also available, but most have a high number of applicants and hence, a high competition. The Collegedunia Student Essay Scholarship has other perks apart from the obvious $1000 USD. Not only is the competition comparatively lower, but it also has a simple and short application process.
Eligibility Criteria for $1000 Essay Scholarship
The scholarship is available to all students who plan to pursue higher education in the United States. Students who have been granted admission to any accredited and regonized American university can avail the scholarship. However, prefernce will be given to candidates going to Ivy League colleges such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, etc.
- Should be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Should be enrolled in an approved undergraduate/postgraduate course in the reputed US educational institute
- Should submit a non-plagiarised, original essay including the following points:
- Why do you want to study in the US?
- Why do you need this scholarship?
- How will it benefit you?
- How are you better than other applicants?
How to Apply for $1000 Essay Scholarship
Applying for Collegedunia $1000 Essay Scholarship is quite easy. All you need to do is fill the scholarship form thoroughly and write a minimum 200-word essay on “Why do you need this scholarship?” The entries will be accepted from November 15, 2019.
- The application is in online mode only. Hence, no offline forms are available.
- Personal details such as name, contact information, education qualification, background details are a must fill
- A short original essay has to be written on the topic given by Collegedunia.com. It will be the main criteria for selection.
- The word limit should not exceed more than 500 words and should not be less than 200 words
- Your write up should be up to the mark with correct spellings, correct punctuation and grammar, and a proper sentence formation.
- There will be no provision to edit/change your answer once it is submitted.
- If the write up is found to be obscene, pornographic, libelous, targeting religious sentiments or otherwise objectionable will stand disqualified
- Once you are done with your write up, proof-read it and enter submit.
For more information click the link