Awarded twice a year, successful candidates will receive $1,000 towards educational expenses and be eligible for further sponsorship from Reedsy while they develop as a writer. The Fall 2019 scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Steven Gordon of Brookline, MA — a lifelong educator and writer.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
Your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not published.
All applications must be submitted via the form on this page and should include:
- Your name, email, address and contact number;
- A short bio, to be posted on this page if you are a finalist;
- The name of the college or university you attend or plan to attend;
- Your sample chapter copy/pasted into the “Submission” section, along with a brief synopsis.
Five finalists will be selected from each application pool. If your submission is shortlisted, your submission will be featured on our scholarship page in its entirety.
October 21, 2019 is the deadline for the Fall semester scholarship.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A wire transfer for $1,000 will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly.
How to apply
Using this form, simply copy-and-paste your first chapter into the editor and click “Submit.” You’ll receive a confirmation email in your inbox. The winner and finalists will be notified within a month of the deadline.
For more information on this scholarship please click here