700-1,500 word essay on some or all of the following questions:
- Should cancer patients and doctors be able to use whatever treatments they like in treating cancer? Why?
- What are some examples of “alternative therapies” and why do cancer patients use them when they are not FDA approved?
- Should medicinal medicine and folk medicine have any relevancy in cancer?
- It is estimated that it costs over $400 million to bring a new cancer drug to market. Does that establish roadblocks for the testing and approval of alternative therapies?
- What changes or improvements should be made in our healthcare system and the way we treat cancer in this country so that cancer is no longer the leading cause of death in Americans under age 85?
Open to all college students
Deadline: Scholarship has a monthly deadline of the last day of each month.