The Home Stretch

The Home Stretch

So close, yet so far

So close, yet so far

Halfway through summer and it finally hit me: I’m about a month away from my final semester of school…

EVER.

Now, to be honest, I knew that this time would come. When I signed up for the Journalism program here at Columbia, I chose it because I could get my degree in less time than at any other school.

What I didn’t expect was just how quickly those 18 months would fly by.

And I mean FAST

Now, knee deep in summer vacation, it’s finally starting to sink in that in just four short months, I will (hopefully) have a master’s degree.

This new head space has started to really push me to think about the future and what lies ahead.

With internship applications, taking new head shots and the beginning stages of planning my thesis, my world is slowly starting to feel like it’s moving much faster than I might be ready for, leading to the inevitable mind explosion.

BOOM

However, I couldn’t be more ready for what’s coming. I’m really excited to hit the ground running and start finally putting together the last few pieces of this crazy puzzle.

For those about to start the program, welcome! I hope you are prepared for this wonderful, epic ride. This time next year, you’ll be exactly where I am, ready and eager to finish strong.

See you on the other side!