MY FINAL POST

MY FINAL POST

So here it is! My final hurrah!

It’s been a fun year, and I’m really glad that my final year as an MFA student at Columbia College Chicago was as an Ambassador. I got to meet a lot of interesting people, and help a lot of prospective students get information about the program, the college, and the city, as well as give advice–I love doing that! In my new position, I get the chance to work with some of the people I met as an ambassador. I’m stoked about that!

Here’s a quick list of what has been going on

1. Lots of park time with Elliot, Indie, and Emily

2. Lots of work stuff

3. The new Department of Creative Writing went to Pitchfork

4. The Swell: An Art Cooperative founded and run by some Columbia College alumni and MFAers kicked off

5. Lots of good books

6. Some Dollhouse Readings

7. A lot of Native Foods

8. Some writing and reading

9. Gearing up for handing off this Ambassadorship

It’s been a good year for me and I was glad to share it all with you. Though, at times, I felt weird about posting my accomplishments and goings-on. Whatever. I worked really hard, and though a lot of my publications and opportunities were lucky, I know that a lot of it was because of the time and energy I put into my craft and the jobs I worked. That said, I hope that my blogs were helpful in some way, or at the very least minutely entertaining. I’ll still be around Columbia College Chicago, so if you ever want to find me, check out the new Department of Creative Writing. I’ll be there, working.

So this is it. I’m outta here! Don’t fret, I’m leaving you in the capable hands of Daniel Scott Parker. He is a wonderful human, an incredible cook, an amazing poet, and a solid friend.

Here’s his bio:

DSP was the 2010 Visiting Artist for the University of Georgia Study Abroad Art Program in Cortona, Italy. He holds an MA in Literature from Georgia State University and is currently an MFA Poetry candidate at Columbia College Chicago. Some of his poems and poem-films have recently appeared or are forthcoming in Coconut, NAP, RealPoetik, Spork Press, Marco Polo, and Ghost Proposal. He is a co-curator for The Swell, an art-cooperative and reading series in Logan Square. His spirit animal is the flamingo.

Check out his poem films here and here.

I’m sure I’ll see you around. Take care, and thanks for reading.

OUT,

Josh