Shifting Focus

Poster designed by the talented Weichin Cheng.

As a Junior Board Member for Rock For Kids, it is my responsibility to execute at least one fundraising event every year.  This year, I thought it would be a good idea to try something new: ART!  Inspired by my Art Gallery course and some fellow classmates, I decided to that my Rock For Kids fundraising event would incorporate some of my fellow classmates and practicing artists.

Image obtained by New City Art.

2011 AEMM graduate, Holly Sabin, opened Hinge Gallery this past year and was generous enough to donate space for our charity art exhibit, Rock For Kids presents: Shifting Focus. 

Putting on this event takes a lot of work, and I am lucky enough to have the help of my fellow Rock For Kids Junior Board members, as well as three other committee members: Alex Colindres, Sarah Newby, and Lucia Palmarini.  Not only are they committee members, they are also featured artists and classmates.

The featured artists include:

Zack Balber: Miami based

Tim Buwalda: Miami based

Debbie Carlos: Chicago based

Alex Colindres: Chicago & Miami based

Sarah Newby:  Chicago based

Lucia Palmarini: Chicago based

Typoe: Miami based

Images of art that will be on display, starting at the top left going clockwise: Lucia Palmarini, Morgan Smith signed by Buddy Guy, Sarah Newby and Tim Buwalda.

The event will include different types of photography, sculpture, jewelry, and signed music posters from the likes of Buddy Guy, James Murphy, The Shins, Magnetic Fields, and The Kills.  These contemporary artists from Chicago and Miami are exceptionally talented.  I am excited about showcasing their art and grateful for their generosity to donate a portion of their sales to RFK.

Chicago based artist management company, Audiotree, where I proudly intern, will be sponsoring Rock For Kids presents: Shifting Focus.  Also, Lulu B has donated some of their wine. Also, light snacks will be available for consumption.

We look forward to seeing you at the event on Friday, April 6 from 6-9 pm at Hinge Gallery located at the corner of Damen and Chicago Avenues.