It gets cold here in Chicago, and if you don’t have what you need for the weather, your mood can go from 100 to 0 really quickly. Here are some clothing essentials you’ll most definitely need for the fall.
- Long Sleeve Shirts are a must. Short sleeve crop tops are cute on everyone, but in Chicago weather, they can only be worn for a short amount of time. Soon after the school year begins, you start to feel wind gusts that make you shiver and that’s not fun at all. Long sleeves will combat that like a pro.
- Jeans are pretty nice in the fall. In the era of bicycle shorts and designer leggings, one much hurl at the thought of jeans. But, sorry to tell you, they are needed in order to combat those cold winds in the city. Leggings, even good ones, can only protect your skin so much, so layer up your fave leggings with a pair on jeans and you’re good to go.
- A down vest is just the right fit. In the winter, a vest will not cut it, but in the fall they’re the perfect way to have warmth without the weight of a heavy coat.
- Boots, no matter which ones, are prime. Timberlands, Uggs, Duck boots or plain booties, it doesn’t matter. They will complete your fall looks any day of the week and be practical for rain or snow if that weather comes earlier than expected.
- Don’t forget your hat! Your hair may be cute today but if your ears are being spliced by the tundra winds, you really shouldn’t care how your hair looks. Keep yourself healthy and get a hat or some earmuffs.
Fall is a time for a lot of things, practical clothes should be one of them. Go grab these essentials if you don’t have them already and have a great semester!