Evan Kasle

Evan Kasle

For those who haven’t met me, my name is Evan Kasle. I’m a 19 year old artist from Danvers, Massachusetts and I currently attend Columbia College Chicago. As both a practicing artist and curator, I have immersed myself with art nearly every hour of the day. Through both of these paths, I have come to appreciate art in a way not many get the opportunity to experience.

Creating and experiencing art both heal the human mind and body in a way unlike anything else on this planet. Since early cave drawings humankind has used art to make sense of their perception of this world and as a means of escape. Art can free our minds from the difficulties of our current society. Now, more than ever, we need art to disconnect from this mass hypnosis being enforced upon us. Once we are able to appreciate the beauty of diversity among humankind, the hypnosis will begin to fade away.

Art has empowered me to accept myself for who i am, and i want to give that gift to as many people as possible, knowing it can change their lives in the way it changed mine.  Throughout the many exhibitions i have curated and participated in, i have had the pleasure of encountering some truly remarkable souls who inspire me to pursue what i love. without the support of those closest to me i would not have had the courage to pursue art this passionately.