Julia Arredondo

Julia Arredondo

I’ve always had an interest in screen printing, mostly because I wanted to make rock posters and t-shirts when I was younger. In some ways, printmaking was a form of manufacturing that would allow me to create things that I wanted without the need of relying on anyone else for help. Especially in terms of funding, learning how to screen print allowed me to make what I wanted without much financial capital (and as a broke kid, I had no capital). DIY (Do-It-Yourself) culture has influenced my work tremendously in that way, mostly because I could make the art I wanted whenever I wanted to.

Printmaking gave me creative freedom. And this still applies to my work today, especially in the production of goods that I make and sell. From the design of the product, to the content, to the physical object; I am the maker. My hand is directly and conceptually involved in the production of my work, and I hope people can recognize and feel that when they interact with the art I produce. It’s my goal to make people FEEL something; to make people feel human in a way.

Check out Julia’s website to see more of her work.