Federal Signal Corporation is currently seeking a Associate Engineer- Acoustics based out of our facility in University Park, Illinois – this position is immediately available!
Serves as the primary technical point of contact and in-house expert during pre- and post-sales engagements supporting a wide range of activities including, but not limited to the generation of drawings, system engineering, quoting, site visits and consultation. The incumbent will need to effectively interface with multiple departments such as Sales & Marketing, Bids, Customer Support, Engineering, Production and external partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies acoustic, electrical and systems engineering theory and concepts to the design and development of acoustic layout drawings for Federal Signal system engagements involving acoustics expertise.
• Creates internal and external layouts using a variety of design tools and software (e.g., COTS audio software, AutoCAD) and exports these files using .KMZ & .KML Google earth formats.
• Interfaces directly with customers during development of design solutions and presents and discusses modeled acoustic results.
• Travels, as necessary, to conduct customer site surveys and/ or gather site specific needs in order to prepare acoustic drawings.
• Works with customers to demonstrate acoustic performance, both conceptual and practical, in acoustic chamber.
• Creates, develops, and performs specialized acoustic and electrical testing.
• Generates reports and documentation to verify/ confirm all acoustic designs completed.
• Performs studies on audio-related topics to improve product and system performance.
You’re viewing a curated selection for the Hot Jobs and Internships list. More opportunities like this can be found on the ColumbiaWorks job board: colum.edu/columbiaworks
Sign up to receive opportunities like this every month right to your inbox: colum.edu/hotjobs