OPPORTUNITY | RESIDENCIES:
Digital Fabrication Residency-(Online Res) From 3d Printing To Digital Embroidery
Session 2 Deadline Extended!
The Digital Fabrication Residency is a skill-building online intensive incubator for visual artists and designers with the desire to incorporate digital fabrication into their work to achieve highly specialized production for individual projects and public art commissions. The residency utilizes online collaborative tools to enable learning; consultation and idea development catered to the individual project needs of participants. This is an opportunity for artists and designers to engage in building and expanding their knowledge of digital tools, learn resources, specialized workflows, and directly connect with other professionals in curatorial fields, related organizations, fabrication specialists, and innovators in ‘making’.
The Digital Fabrication Residency helps visual artists, designers reach real-world results with feasible workflows that will enhance not only the physical output of creativity but also gain a competitive edge with project visualization tools for future RFP’s and professional opportunities that represent professional level presentation in today’s art and design fields.
• The residency will include visiting speakers, workshops, individual consultation meetings; all utilizing interactive collaborative technology readily used in education and industry.
• The Digital Fabrication Residency is designed to work with your busy schedule.
• Using your smart device or computer connected to high-speed Internet, you are connected to an incubator that will change your ideas about making.
• Professional level software workflows cover designing, modeling, engineering parts, file preparation, locating CNC related services and insider tips on software workflows and professional level services providers for machine output.
• Each resident has the opportunity to submit up to 5 files to be 3D printed as part of the residency. *
• Learn about how to in tegrate innovative fabrication processes such as CNC milling, lasers, 3D printing, digital embroidery, textile printing, and electronics into your projects.
Be part of the Session 2 BETA group with this pioneering model for residency exchange and gain experience with dedicated professional artists, fabricators and industry professionals dedicated to the digital craft of making.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2014
Fall Part 2 (6 Week Session): November 3, 2014 – December 12, 2014
To learn more about the Digital Fabrication Residency visit www.digitalfabricationresidency.com
To apply to the Digital Fabrication Residency visit www.digitalfabricationresidency.com/apply/
There is a $15 USD application fee that is credited to accepted applicants and the cost to the accepted applicant o f the residency is outlined on the Apply page of www.digitalfabricationresidency.com
* Terms and conditions apply.
Deadline: Sat Oct 25th, 2014
14625 Baltimore Ave. #312
Laurel, Maryland 20707
United States of America