CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2015 EXHIBITION SEASON
Jurors Ann Hamilton, Michael Mercil, James Voorhies and Lisa Dent will select the exhibiting artists. Each selected artist will be grouped with one to two other artists to show at ROY’s Short North gallery space. Group show proposals will also be accepted. ROY G BIV Gallery is a nonprofit art gallery located in the historic Short North neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1989, ROY G BIV is known for presenting innovative contemporary art by emerging artists from around the world.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SATURDAY, MAY 31ST, 2014
ABOUT THE JURORS
- Ann Hamilton is a visual artist internationally recognized for her large-scale multimedia installations. She is a Distinguished University Professor at The Ohio State University and a recipient of the Heinz Award and the MacArthur Fellowship. She represented the United States in the Venice Biennale in 1999.
- Michael Mercil is the Chair of Graduate Studies in the Department of Art at The Ohio State University. His work has been exhibited nationally, including at the Socrates Sculpture Park, NY, and the North Dakota Museum of Art.
- James Voorhies is the Director of the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts at Harvard University. He is curator and writer whose work has appeared in publications for Texte zur Kunst, frieze and Haus der Kulturen der Welt.
- Lisa Dent is the Director of Resources & Award Programs at Creative Capital, a national nonprofit that provides grants to artists. Previously she served as the Curator of Contemporary Art at the Columbus Museum of Art.
To be considered, artists must complete the online submission form (located below) and email ten to fifteen images or video links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- File name: Use only a number (e.g., 01.jpg). ROY’s jurying process is anonymous, so please do not embed your name in any images.
- File format: JPEG or PNG
- File dimensions: No larger than 1920 pixels on the longest side
For video submissions, upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo and submit their URLs via email. The first minute of each video will be reviewed.
ARTIST’S STATEMENT, RESUME AND LIST OF WORKS
Submissions must include an artist statement, resume and a list of works. List of works should include file name, title, year of completion, medium and dimensions for each work. Please do not embed your name within the artist’s statement or list of works.
- File format: PDF or DOC
There is a $25.00 entry fee for non-members. The entry fee is waived for student- and artist-level members of ROY. Collected fees go toward supporting ROY’s exhibitions throughout the year.
The jurying process is anonymous. No other supplemental materials will be taken into consideration. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Artists who have had solo exhibitions at ROY G BIV in the past two seasons (2013-2014) cannot apply.